Level 3 (Leader/Manager) Adult Safeguarding Training
Date & Time:
Venue:Abbey House, Abingdon, Abbey Close Abingdon
Competence at this level is about individuals starting to act on the information which may indicate possible harm or abuse and advise other members of their team if they have concerns.
Suitable for: All staff who regularly investigate and / or contribute to supporting adults at risk of abuse and/or their families / carers. This includes through multiagency safeguarding procedures and assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of an adult where there are safeguarding concerns.
Example Staff Groups: Team Managers, Safeguarding Leads, Care Home Managers, GPs, Consultants and Senior Care Home Clinicians.
To enhance your knowledge and skills as a leader/manager with regards to safeguarding, thinking critically about your role in protecting adults with care and support needs alongside supporting team members/colleagues during safeguarding processes.
- To know what constitutes abuse, including the effects of carer behaviour on individuals.
- To demonstrate a clear understanding of multi-agency safeguarding procedures.
- To know how to undertake a risk assessment.
- To know how to ensure individuals have the opportunity to participate in decisions affecting them.
- To know how to contribute and make considered judgements about how to act to safeguard an individual.
- To be able to know how to contribute to effective management plans for individuals who have been abused.