Modern Slavery Awareness Training
Date & Time:
This training is being provided by an Exploitation Service for Victims called Willow Project and is designed for front line workers and those who manage them to myth bust and help you understand what this area of crime is about and understand the factors that make people vulnerable and how you could identify risks etc.
The training is part of a Thames Valley Wide commitment to increase the awareness and understanding around Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking.
The session will help you understand the risks, be aware of signs you may spot in your work capacity, what you can do about it and give you information about the referral process for support.
The Aims and objectives are to examine:
- Human Trafficking and the different types of exploitation
- Indicators of trafficking and exploitation
- Support for Victims
- The victims’ perspective and vulnerabilities
- The barriers to building effective relationships with victims
- What to do about people you suspect are victims